One mass market approach is to real estate marketing is a property sale postcard. These are distributed in letter boxes in your target area and advertise a newly listed property that you are selling. The idea here is not necessarily to sell the property, but create brand awareness for when you need to sell a house.
Here is a mock up of a typical real estate postcard.
The front contains a nice photo of the house that is for sale, your branding and the address of the location. This should be the same suburb as the people you are marketing towards. The back of the postcard has a similar layout but rather than a photo it lists the features of the house and has a photo of the real estate agent selling the property plus their mobile number and the address of the real estate office.
If you are lucky people will contact you to either enquire about the house or perhaps they will be impressed with your real estate marketing method and ask you to sell their house or at the very least increase brand awareness for when they do need to sell.
There are a few issues here:
- No Junk Mail signs will prevent these from being delivered to many houses.
- People might throw it out without reading it.
- Delivery person might not be reliable.
However, there are ways to break the spam barrier and to reach your audience.
If you were to personalise your direct mail campaigns with the name and address of the householder, you can bypass these hurdles.
- If you address the mail to the householder in an envelope with their name on it and send it via Australia post your advert will not be classed as “junk mail” and the reader will most likely open it.
- People are more likely to open mail addressed to themselves, than bother with a postcard which is obviously an advertisement.
- Australia Post will get the mail to the addressed houses, undelivered mail will be returned so you can have confidence that it will be delivered, whilst it is possible that someone you pay to drop off flyers may not be as honest or reliable.
Our product Radius Suburb allows real estate marketers to get access to the names and phone numbers of residents in a given suburb. This allows for more personalisation and an improved open rate, increasing the effectiveness of any direct mail campaign.
If you want to make your own property cards you can get them printed by Printforce.